Conference, Vulnerable Mission, Norwich Central Baptist Church, Norwich, UK, 14th to 16th November 2013
The AVM (Alliance for Vulnerable Mission) was founded in 2007. It has close informal links with organisations such as WEA (World Evangelical Alliance), World Mission Associates, SIL, Abilene Christianity University, and many others.
The AVM ran conferences in 2009 and again in 2012 in USA, UK and Germany.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Conference to be held at Norwich Central Baptist Church in Norwich, UK, 14th to 16th November 2013.
NCBC is an historic church in an ancient Christian town with an incredible history which we intend to help you to explore.
(We will be having a workshop on a similar theme, 24th September 2013 at WCIU, Pasadena, California. More information here: http://www.vulnerablemission.org/workshop-vulnerable-mission-william-carey-international-university-california-24th-september-2013/)
Working title: Through the Eyes of Vulnerable Mission;
using ‘vulnerable’ principles in various missions’ contexts
We are looking for people to present papers and/or lead seminars/discussions to:
– point to the advisability of vulnerable mission practices,
– advocate how vulnerable mission is to be implemented, or
– provide theoretical background to the above.
We are defining vulnerable mission as; Christian mission (or development intervention) from the Western world to places or people outside of the West that is carried out using local languages and local resources.
– the AVM (Alliance for Vulnerable Mission) believes that some Western missionaries ought to operate in this way. We are not saying that this is the only way of doing mission, but we are saying that it is important to explore and encourage vulnerable ways of working.
– we are seeking contributions to the conference that will promote vulnerable methodologies. We are therefore not looking for formulas on how to do mission using English. We are not looking for ways of using superior Western resources. Instead we are advocating partnerships in which ministry is funded using resources of indigenous origin and engaged using indigenous and not European languages.
We are looking for contributions that show interaction of the below (please add your own suggestions to this list) with vulnerable mission:
Dependency with vulnerable mission
Mission to Muslims with vulnerable mission
Economics with … etc.
Short term mission
The Roman Catholic church
The Orthodox church
Youth in Mission
Please write to [email protected] with your suggestions if you are interested in participating in the above.