It is again time for the 40 Acts campaign – do 40 different generosity acts during Lent!
The new theme for 2016 is ’Jesus at our table’. Jesus ate with sinners and with church leaders; he ate with thousands and with a child. He invited everyone in and accepted all invitations. Table fellowship meant friendship, peace, acceptance and unconditional love: community. This will be the focus of the seven-week Lenten resources.
Attached are some of the resources but sign up on the website and receive resources for:
1) Churches – sermon notes, prayers, liturgy, songs and hymns for a complete set of church services;
2) Small groups – Bible studies, icebreakers, discussion questions and prayers
3) Families – interactive family resource (digital download, or purchase the book with stickers for £7.50), in partnership with GodVenture. Includes a family wallchart.
4) Schools – a pack of assemblies, lesson plans & materials for KS1 Infants and KS2 Juniors, family wallchart, School Challenge Cards (New for 2016, the challenge cards are linked to British Values. Taking part in 40acts will create a generous community and contribute to your SMSC agenda.)
5) Youth groups – leader’s notes, icebreakers, quizzes, bible studies, activities and reflection points for ages 11-14 and 15-18, in partnership with Urban Saints.