As many will know, there is serious conflict between Sudan and South Sudan in disputed border regions. Many people are fleeing the region and face serious hunger. Christians responded and food was sent to the destitute people. The way the food eventually reached hungry people is a wonderful example of how different parts of the Body of Christ cooperated and together reached the desired goal. Just consider the process:
- An e-mail was sent out from South Africa and forwarded by one of the recipients in America to friends in Singapore
- Singaporean Christians thousands of miles from Sudan was touched and made their money available to help Sudanese Christians in need
- An international Christian organization and a South African businessman in Nairobi helped to “move” the money from Singapore to Nairobi to Juba in Sudan.
- The money was flown up from Juba to a refugee camp by a Christian aviation group.
- Two pastors from the affected region got a truck through their network, went down in the rainy season on rough roads to get the money, purchase the food and then divided the food between five denominations.
- And the One who brought all these role players together is the Good Shepherd caring with deep love for all his sheep.
To Him be all the glory!!!
Rev Arrie Preller of the Sudan Support Network