Visionledd believes in a world where churches are the hands and feet of Jesus ministering to orphans, widows and others infected and affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic. We believe "every church should be a Mother Theresa" and that "the church should be the greatest threat to injustice in the world today". Founded in Canada in 1999 by Jim and Kathy Cantelon, Visionledd also has offices in Africa and the United States. Visionledd is currently active in Malawi, Zambia, Swaziland, South Africa, Mozambique, Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
In North America
In North America Visionledd is building a movement of churches committed to walking alongside African churches and ministries doing community-based HIV/AIDS ministry that leads to community transformation. This is done in four primary ways:
- Catalyzing Churches for involvement in the AIDS pandemic locally and globally through:
- the speaking and writing ministry of our founder, Jim Cantelon.
- working with local churches to sponsor City AIDS Summits across North America
- Connecting Churches with African churches and ministries on the frontlines of HIV/AIDS and community transformation ministries.
- Coaching Churches as they engage with their African partners in ministry.
- Creating Partnerships of North American churches and African partners that increase the effectiveness of ministry initiatives, and create a climate for building relationships, solving problems and engaging new opportunities.
In Africa Visionledd engages:
- Among the poorest of the poor
- In communities characterized by high rates of HIV/AIDS infection.
- In communities that have few external resources or partners.
- In identifying indigenous church, community and national Christian leaders already engaged in effective community-based HIV/AIDS ministries that lead to community transformation.
- In building the capacity of African local churches to battle against HIV/AIDS and to work for community transformation.
- In building partnerships and networks with like-minded churches, ministries and leaders.